SIR20216 Certificate II in Retail Services
Start an exciting career in Retail with our Nationally Recognised Qualification. This course will give you essential retail operational knowledge and practical skills to work in a diverse range of retail settings including specialty retailers, supermarkets, department stores and quick-service restaurants.
More Course Details
Entry into the course
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Individuals may undertake this qualification with little or no experience in the industry. It is preferred that the students have obtained a minimum of a year 10 level School Certificate or equivalent. Entry requirements may vary dependent on unit selection and delivery method.
Recommended Course Structure
A total of twelve (12) units are required to complete this qualification; seven (7) core and five (5) elective units.
- SIRXCEG001 Engage the customer
- SIRXCOM001 Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
- SIRXIND001 Work effectively in a service environment
- SIRXIND003 Organise personal work requirements
- SIRXPDK001 Advise on products and services
- SIRXRSK001 Identify and respond to security risks
- SIRXWHS002 Contribute to workplace health and safety
- SIRRINV001 Receive and handle retail stock
- BSBWOR204 Use business technology
- SIRXSLS002 Follow point-of-sale procedures
- SIRRMER001 Produce visual merchandise displays
- SIRXIND002 Organise and maintain the store environment
Work placement Requirement
This course requires 70 hours of supervised work placement.
On successful completion of this Nationally Recognised Qualification, you will be competent in skills required to work as:
- Customer Service Assistant
- Point-of-sale Operator
- Sales Assistant
- Retail Liquor Outlet Attendant
- Food Sales Assistant (Fast Food Outlets)
- Retail Assistant
- Customer service assistant
NATIONALLY RECOGNISED TRAINING
COURSE DURATION12 months
FUNDINGTalk to our course advisors
PAYMENT OPTIONSDebit Success, Credit Card
In Demand Courses
Study with Confidence
Industry Experienced Trainers
Job Ready Skills Training
Dedicated Support and Guidance
"I found everyone to be very patient and professional with me from the beginning until the end of the enrollment process. Thank you for everything!!! Excellent institution!!"
AdrianCertificate III in Process Manufacturing
“I feel so lucky to have found this college, the course is perfect to suit my lifestyle and what I want to achieve for my career. Very professional service, absolutely fantastic.”
JessicaCertificate III in Retail Services
I was very happy with the way the teacher walked through the course and made it easy to understand. The course was simple but effective and the homework was easy to do because it was exactly what was taught.
Ethan RossCertificate III in Supply Chain Operations
“They did amazing at teaching me what I needed to learn. They made everything easy to interpret and understand, encouraging me to be the best I can be with the knowledge they helped me learn.”
Paulo CamposFBP30117 Certificate III in Food Processing
“The course content is amazing, really constructive towards employment. I found it knowledgeable, interesting and fun. The teaching staff are wonderful people who know their craft, and are responsive towards clients who need that little bit of extra support.”